Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) 2022 Bursary Programme
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) is a programme of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, which is an independent non-profit organisation that improves lives and creates opportunities through education and enterprise development.
Who is eligible to apply?
- South African Citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Any student from a financially needy background.
What does the bursary cover?
- Accommodation expenses
- A small stipend for living expenses
- Tuition fee
- Books and other learning materials
Further non-negotiable criteria:
• Learners, or unemployed youth between the ages of 16 and 27 years, who want to complete a recognised undergraduate or other qualification, through a recognized South African public institution
• Bursary applicants must already have applied for study at the accredited institution and provide proof thereof, on application
• The bursary applicant is not permitted to change the area of specialisation on which basis the bursary was applied for, based on the acceptance letter from the institution
• The applicant should demonstrate good academic, leadership and empathetic ability, with high values and developmental communication skills
• Financial needs analysis – basic household income not exceeding R650 000 per annum.
What are the study priority areas?
- CRET bursary applicants may apply to study any entry-level/first-time study module/undergraduate
qualification of their choice provided that the duration of studies is no longer than 5 years and
the institution is accredited by the relevant Higher Education authority.
Are students studying towards a certificate qualification eligible?
- All applications for skills development programmes will be considered, dependant on the requirements and decision outcomes by the Bursary Selection Committee.
Are recipients of other bursaries eligible to apply for a CRET bursary?
- If an applicant has already been granted a bursary, the CRET programme may consider their application based on additional need. However, any bursary applicant to the CRET Programme is encouraged to have proven application for other bursary opportunities, including NSFAS.
How much is a CRET bursary worth?
- Institutions have different cost structures, so the total value of a bursary differs from institution to institution. CRET bursaries are personalised to cover the successful recipient’s essential expenses., based on an individual estimation and needs requirement.
How to apply?
Tel: 011 592 6560
CRET 2022 BURSARY APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON 30 NOVEMBER 2021